Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Right Foot

This morning my wife woke me up saying Anam had missed her school bus because she was praying at that time. It meant get out of the bed and drop her and Somyyah at school.

When I tried to walk I could hardly drag my foot. My gout was back. This time it was the right foot. Towards the right side of the foot.

Now I am becoming familiar with the onset of my gout bouts: it starts with a funny feeling where it is going to get worse. My body tries to forewarn me but my mind somesow goes into a stste of denial. The same happened this time. I had started feeling a little nuisance at the spot where the pain is growning. I think it was day before yesterday, in the early morning when I woke up, when I felt it first time.

Anyway, I came back after dropping my daughtes at school and went straight to bed. Could not go back to sleep for a while. Then I turned off the alarm of my cell phone.

When I woke up it was about nine thirty and I did not want to go to work but I had to because Aleem is in Pakistan and I am the only one taking care of business.

Did not take shower just put my clothes on and after the breakfast took indomethacine capsule and cholchicine (2 tablets) and came to work. Did some paperwork, wrote a few checks and getting ready to go home.

Laura, the front desk clerk just walked in my office with a business card and handed it over to me saying that Eric Schrock, Quality Assurance Consultant from the Days Inn was here and she just checked him in. "This was the same person who came last time and was pain in the neck", she said. "He will start inspecting 8:00 o'clock in the morning".

No comments: